Check out this great video Katalina & Archie made to show how easy it is to trim your dog’s nails!
Here are a few things to remember when thinking about nail trimming:
- Nails come in different colors; so if your dog’s nails are dark, be very careful not to get too close to the quick. (sometimes it can be hard to see).
- Start nail trimming-training early. Get your puppy used to having it’s paws messed with so that it is not a scary thing.
- Don’t wait too long in between trims. Too much growth can cause pain when trimming and the quick to be too close to the end.
- Create a habit! Do it regularly and give lots of treats! (unless your pet regularly goes to the groomer).
- And lastly, Don’t use FORCE! You’ll do twice the damage mentally and physically if forced. Making next time even harder.